Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Encounter

One summery Saturday we were at Dunnville, like usual. We arrived there early at 9 in the morning with my sister, Alex and friend, Nikolina. Then we got our towels and made our way over to the pool area. As I was coming out of the change room to enter the pool I bumped into Nick, my old childhood friend, as he was coming out of the men’s change room. I was so shocked to see him there since he moved away when I we were 10. I looked at him and smiled but his face was all red.

I greeted him with a huge hug and said, “Hello miss me??”

He replied, “Heyy! Yes I miss you gosshhh!”

Then I noticed something was different about him other then he was so much taller and finally hit puberty.

I stated, “WOW you look different, what’s new?”

He said, “Really, I didn’t think I looked different but I guess I grew a little…”

He kept blushing so I was all confused about why he would be shy because it’s just me. Then I began to tease him like when we were younger.

I implied, “Why are you blushing, you still have a crush on me?”

He didn’t say anything he just looked at me and smiled. Then we began to walk to put out towels down and go for a swim.

He finally replied to my answer and said, “Yea I have a crush on you, I always have.”

I was sort of on the fence about this situation because we have been friends for so long and found it weird that he liked me. Then we began to talk about all the fun times we had growing up and how he used to always stand up for me because I was a little weird. By thinking about all of those times it made me realize how much he cared for me and not just like a friend.

I finally said, “I think I liked you too when we were younger but I don’t think I do now, and I don’t think we will ever date.”

He replied hopefully, “Never say never.”

I just smiled and we enjoyed the rest of the day swimming, tanning, and eating barbeque in the picnic area.

No comments:

Post a Comment